Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
● 6 fresh and finely chopped tomatoes
o Substitute option: Oakville Grocery Organic Tomato Marinara
● 3 cloves of minced garlic
● 1/4 c olive oil
● 1/2 c halved black olives
● 3-6 Anchovies
● 1/4 c capers
● 1 tsp dried oregano
● 1 tbsp salt & pepper
● 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
● 1 lb of spaghetti
● 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
● 1/2 c grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Boil a large pot of salted water.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the garlic -cooking until light golden.
3. Add the anchovies and lightly stir to break them apart.
4. Add the tomatoes, olives, and capers.
5. Season with salt & pepper, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes.
6. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
7. When the pasta water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until it is “al dente”.
8. Drain the pasta, then add to the saucepan and saute for a minute while tossing
the pasta with the sauce.
10. Top with fresh parsley and then serve into individual bowls.